Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Halloween Canvas



I had a blast creating this canvas of Mummy's Boys!  I picked up the inspiration a few weeks back when I attended the Scrapbook Carnival in Edmonton, AB.  I saw a page layout that had a Mummy on it and thought how cute would that be to make something with 3 of them.  I downloaded a paperdoll pattern from the web and cut it out of white cardstock.  Then a trip out to get some white hockey tape to cover all the white cardstock!  

It took a long time to wrap the Mummy's.  I took them with me everywhere I went for a few days.  People tease me about being a multitasker and that is exactly how I got these done.  The Mummy's have visited the Chiropractor, the Gymnastics Studio, Tim Horton's Drive Thru, as well as the the Playoom, the Supper Table, and my Bed.   Once they were finally wrapped I rolled a bit of the tape down on each layer to give the worn look and added soft suede ink with a sponge to rough them up and show the age.  The googley eyes were a final touch.  I have found that I need to keep the Monster Baby, also known as Thaeden my youngest boy, away from the eyes.  He wants to peel them off and eat them!    

Painting the Canvas was my next step in creating this project.  I used black and white acrylic paints with a foam brush.   Once the paint was dry I sealed the canvas with a UV Grime Protectant which will save my picture from any acid that may seep through from the paint.  A few layers of designer paper and solid cardstock formed the base for my picture to be mounted.  I then made a trip to the store with the canvas to find just the right sticker letters to match my theme.  Once I confirmed the letters the buttons were the last addition.  

I am very proud of myself to have completed this project a full week before Halloween!  I usually get these awesome inspirations but then fail to complete them before the event.  I gave myself a few bonus points for this one.  I hope you enjoy it too.  

Happy Halloween   

No comments:

Post a Comment