Wednesday, October 7, 2009

My Story



I have only been a Stampin Up demonstrater for 2 years but my paper crafting history goes way back!  I love to stamp and scrapbook.  The first scrapbook that I made with “acid free paper” was in 1996.  So I quess that I have been scrapbooking for 13 years officially.  My style seems to trend towards being eclectic and vintage.  Every page needs to have chocolate chip brown inked edges.  I would be lost without my chocolate chip ink pad.  That is the very first item that any paper crafter needs!  I am the crafty one in our house of 4 boys.  3 little men and 1 husband.  My boys are 5, 3, and 17 months.  There is not a day that goes by without me bringing in a craft item of some sort to our daily activities.  That could be anywhere from creating a card for a birthday party, decorating boxes to store puzzles, or actually designing a scrapbook page for myself after the kids are in bed.  


If you could say I had an area of expertise I would describe it as being a mini-album fanatic.  I love to make little scrapbooks.  If you took a tour of my house you would find my creations in every room.  I have canvases, mini-albums, and cute paper crafts sitting everywhere.  This is my way of balancing the ratio of boys to girls at our house! 


I have a Bachelor of Science in Human Ecology specializing in Textiles, Clothing and Culture.  That is where my career started with designing and constructing skating, dance, and gymnastics apperal.  Once we decided to start a family I quickly found that I was not a Super Woman and that it is okay not to be one either!  I discovered that spending some time working and lots of my time with my children was a happier balance for me.  Today I teach scrapbooking and rubber stamping classes from our home in Sherwood Park, AB on a part-time basis.  I also accept short-term contracts with the Citadel Theatre and Jubilee Auditorium in Edmonton when different shows or plays come through.  In around these activites I also Figure Skate with a Synchronized Skating Team a couple of days a week. On the side side I am currently writing a book about Parents surviving Home Economics.  It encompasses organizing your home to balance a career, chldren, and happiness!  Watch for it coming out in the Fall of 2010. 



   


My specialty is balancing career, family, passions, and happiness!  My papercrafting is involved at every level of this balancing act.  I have a career with my stamping and scrapbooking business. My children are involved with crafts each day building projects or being witness to another level of organization Mommy has introduced to the play room!  My skating teammates would all love for me to be their “secret buddy” to be the recipent of my crafty inspirations.  I enjoy going away to relax at scrapbook retreats whether I am the organizer or just an attendee.  How many people get to write off their passions as a business expense?  


I would love to show you that there are all these talents to some level hiding inside you.  I am a very patient instructor who will stand by you all the way through your project.  If you commit to attending one of my classes I will insure that you leave with a complete project.   This may mean that it is 11:30pm on a work night and I am actually finishing it for you while you are sleeping beside me but you will leave with complete project which is going to keep that self esteem boosted!  Everyone can do this if the step by step instruction is in small enough steps and the instructor takes time with you.


I am known to be an organized Super Mommy.  I love what I do and that is what gives me the energy to pass it on to you.  Everything in my house has it’s place in a container that is labeled with some kind of fancy tag or stamped image.  It may even go as far as having a scrapbooked photo of the items that are housed in the container.  But you would very quickly see that it is a big part of what makes our house a happy house.    


I love papercrafting!  I would love to share that passion and talent with you at your home.  To organize an event for you and your friends call me today.   


No comments:

Post a Comment